Now that all the communities we serve have been moved to a National lockdown by the Government, we would prefer funeral arrangements are made over the telephone for your own safety.
Our branches will remain open for the use of our Chapels of Rest and if you need to visit our branches, please call us first to make an appointment, prior to visiting your local branch.
If someone has died
- Call your local Lodge Brothers branch as soon as possible. We are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We will bring your loved one into our care, and they will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Visiting Our Branches
- Please always call us first to make an appointment to visit our branch
- Let us know if you’ve returned from any foreign country in the past 14days
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, we regret we cannot permit you to visit our branch
- If you are self-isolating, we will assist you by making all arrangements by phone and email
- Face masks must be worn (unless you are exempt)
- Only two clients will be permitted at any one time
- The 2 metre social distancing rule will be upheld in our branches
- Hands to be sanitised on entry and exit
- Whilst on our premises, please use tissues for coughs, sneezes and avoid touching items unnecessarily
Arranging a funeral
- Government guidelines encourage us to arrange the funeral as soon as is practically possible without delaying.
- Cash donations will not be allowed at funeral venues. Please ask your funeral arranger about our online donation facility Love2Donate
- For those that cannot attend, most services can now be viewed remotely or recorded with prior arrangement.
Attending a funeral
- Members of the same household and social bubble may sit together but must maintain a 2metre social distance from other individuals or groups.
- A maximum of 30 mourners are permitted at a funeral, as long as 2metre social distancing can be upheld. The number will be less for smaller venues.
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 MUST NOT attend a funeral
- Someone self-isolating for 14 days due to a household member having symptoms, MAY attend a funeral.
- Mourners should travel to the venue by themselves or with others from their household or social bubble. If this is not possible, we can provide funeral limousines that have been adapted with safety measures to support passengers and our drivers.
- All mourners must wear face coverings unless exempt from doing so.
- Most venues will require a register of mourners for ‘Track & Trace’ purposes
Caring for and visiting the deceased
- We have rigorous hygiene controls, specialised health & safety equipment and extremely high standards in handling any deceased in our care, including those who may have died with an infection.
- Spending time with your loved one in the chapel of rest is still permitted.
Payment for the funeral
- If you are having difficulties paying for our services, you may be able to obtain credit facilities from our payment partners Funeral Safe, who provide payment plans over a period of 12 to 48 months.
- Government support is also available and your funeral arranger will guide you through this.
24 hour telephone support
- Throughout these unprecedented times, Lodge Brothers remain available to support you at any time, day or night. Please call your local branch if you have any questions or need clarification on any of the above information.